We are only days away from December, can believe that summer has flew by so fast and winter is approaching so quickly. Do you ever feel down for no reason sometimes? I do. I was feeling kind of down this morning, might simply due to the Monday blue, or just because the weather is cold and groomy, who knows. So I was putting down a list of things that could potentially elevate my mood, I thought about ‘Sharing is Caring’. Why not sharing this list on my blog, so other people who might be feeling exactly how I feel now could benefit from this list I have put together. Happy reading of this list of ways to improve your mood…
- Head to the gym – book a hardcore class somewhere, and pump out some endorphins for a natural mood lifter!
- Go for a walk – Take a walk outside. Although the weather might be cold and groomy, however, walking helps with clearing your head space and shed some of that negative energies. It is very therapeutic if you choose a very scenic route.
- Hug Someone – hugging is a very powerful way of expressing love, emotions and care without words.
- Listen to music – Turn on your spotify and tune into some cheerful.
- Be spontaneous – get out and do something you have done before. Go help someone random on the street. Go eat something you have never tried before. Try to live your day as if you are a traveller, and it is your first time visiting this city.
- Take a bubble bath – a bath relaxes your muscles and helps with blood circulation to lift up your moods.
- Lift your mood with aromatherapy –
- Read a book – Motivational and self-helps books definitely helps when it comes to elevating my mood and channeling my energy to something positive. I have complied a list of inspirational books to read just not long ago (Click Here for the Reading List).
- Flip through old photos – relive through some of the happiest moments of my life puts a smile on my face. Most importantly I feel grateful for the special ones in my life and amazing things I have done and archived.
- Go reconnect with someone – Reach out to a friend or a family member that you have spoken for a while. Reconnecting with someone bring positive energies into your life.
- Paint something and doodle it out – drawing is great for channeling your negative energies or feelings out and turn it into something beautiful
- Write down a list of things you are grateful for – thanksgiving was just days ago. Did you write down a list of things that you are thankful and grateful for? Might be helpful to go through that list again.
- Go re-arrange your closet: I’m pretty sure every girl always have rooms to improve for their closet. Try to re-arrange your closet, clean of the mess, or toss out old clothes and make room for the new ones. Seeing my closet perfectly arranged and tidy is definitely one of the highlights in my day.
- Get out of the house or your office – I spend most of my day working indoor in front of my computer. The negative feelings can get piled up slowly in you when you are in a confined space for a long time. So schedule time in your calendar to go out for a walk for some fresh air, or go have a catch up coffee with a friend or colleague.
- Find something to giveaway, or donate to charity – giving and helping others always make us to feel good about ourselves afterwards. Furthermore, I also believe in good karma.
- Have a spa retreat day – who doesn’t like a nice and relaxing spa day? Even the guys can be hooked on to this. Try to schedule a spa retreat day just for yourself, or with friends to relax your body and mind.
- Plan a trip to somewhere warm – I have a little confession, I’m actually only 3 days away from my next summer vacation in Thailand, so I really shouldn’t be feeling down from this cold weather, since I have something WARM to look forward to.
- Practice yoga or try to meditate – Yoga and meditation is all about focusing on breathing. When you are being focused on the present moment, you forget about everything else, your stress, your anxiety and your negative thoughts will all vanish in the thin air.
- Take a nap – Sometimes we are feeling down cause our bodies are tired. Take a nap to recharge. I often feel better after being well rested.
- Set up some new goals for yourself – so you have something positive to look forward to. Motivations of achieving those goals will elevate your mood to the next level.
PS: thought I share some photos from somewhere warm, so it looks more cheerful 🙂
| SHOP MY LOOK |
Swimsuit (Black): AllSisters
Swimsuit (White): Palm Swimwear
Sandal: Rose & Jade