Happy New Year everyone! It has been a whole 3-week break since I have unplugged from social media and recharge, and I’m now back fully pumped with energies and new inspirations for 2018. How is everyone traveling with setting new goals and new year’s resolutions so far? Do you have unfulfilled goals carried over from 2017? Let 2018 to be a new chapter, a fresh start, and an opportunity for you to expand your horizon and set new goal that pushes your limit above and beyond.
Where do I seek my inspirations and motivations from?On my last Q&A post on Instagram, the question I get asked the most is where do I get my inspirations from. Well, ideas are everywhere in the air if you look hard enough, actually they are everywhere in the air when we slow down our pace and start to pay more attention to everything that’s around us.
- Do you have regular blogs and podcasts that you subscribe to on day to day basis? If not, maybe it’s time to make it a habit and build some new information routines in your life. There are quite a few inspirational figures that I follow on different social media platforms (Gary Vee, Mel Robbins, etc) and Podcast channels that feed me with inspirations during my every day commute or when I’m doing my make-ups in the morning (TED Talk, Stitcher App, Short Story Long)
- Family & Friends
- Get out and attend networking events. Meet people outside your usual social circles and get inspired. Bloggers and social influencers tend to attend only social and blogging events, sometimes, it helps to step outside your comfortable zone and attend something different. I was at RISE conference last year, one of the biggest start up conference in Asia, and I personally met Gary Vee there. His talks are not just inspirational, but also full of energies. It was a good motivational boost!
- Get yourself a mentor. Sit down and try to write down your long term goals. Seek for a mentor that aligns with your long term goals, someone who is the Subject Matter Expertise (SME) or someone who is experienced, who can guide you through your journey without taking too much detours. After-all, who doesn’t like ‘short-cuts’.
- Traveling is the fuel of my life. Whenever I feel like I’m running low on battery, I go book myself a trip somewhere or even just a road trip. Breathing in the air from the nature or having a calm moment watching the sunset on the beach helps me to recharge and gives me new inspirations.
- Meditation/Inner Self
- Meditation helps me to clear my head space. Whenever I feel like my head is crowded with judgements, random thoughts, or tired; I find myself somewhere quiet or peace to cool down and clear some head space via meditation. Believe or not, if you use the techniques, you will feel rejuvenated and calm after your meditation sessions. Frequent practice will help your brain to stay focused, and you will find improves in your concentration spam. When your brain is well rested and focused, ideas will definitely flow through and allow you to tab into undiscovered territories of your inner self.
New year, fresh goals. My goals are set around Professional Goals, Family Goals, and Personal Goals. Here are some of the questions you can ask yourself to help you to brain storm.
- What are some of the goals they didn’t get to fulfill last year?
- What can you improve from the lessons you have learned last year and put them into actions for the current year?
- How are you going to priorities yourself when you have conflicting goals?
- Are you current goals going to help you to get closer to your long term goals?
- What are the areas you want to focus on to improve for your personal development for this year?
- What are you passionate about and what truly makes you happy?
Once you are clear with your goals for the year, you are more likely to be motivated and inspired! All the best for 2018 everyone!
| SHOP MY LOOK |
Dress & Pants: Singularity Social
Sun Glasses 1:Fendi
Sun Glasses 2:Gucci